[hpsdr] SDR Clock Reference

Chuck Clark af8z at panaband.com
Tue May 23 18:23:36 PDT 2006

Steve

Did you look at Morion in St Petersburg?  It looks like they have higher
performance OCXO's than Crystek.  Their prices for TCXOs' are
reasonable, I haven't gotten a price on an OCXO model, should I get one?

Is 10 MHz the correct frequency?  I may be rehashing old discussions, if
so I appologize.  You can get better spurious from the DDS with a higher
frequency clock rather than using the internal multipliers.  I think the
AD9959 can use a 500 MHz clock.  I think the easiest way to develop this
is a 125 MHz crystal multiplied to 500 MHz.  The 125 MHz can be locked
to the 10KHz from the GPS receiver directly or through a 10 MHz standard.

I will admit that my desires are towards a preimium VHF/UHF radio rather
than HF.  I may be able to make some measurements next month to show the
performance improvemnt, if anyone is interested.

Chuck
AF8Z