[hpsdr] SDR Clock Reference

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Tue May 23 19:58:00 PDT 2006

Hi Chuck,

Do you have a URL for Morion?

Please keep in mind the availablity for the average ham to purchase an OCXO.
OCXO's are not typically an off-the-shelf item.  Normally, they are made to
order.  And we all agree that the world is changing and this norm can
change.  Sure, you can check on price and availablity.  Please report back
to the list.

What we need is a list of possible surplus and purchable OCXOs and a
cook-off as to the performance of each.  Working with N8UR, we have already
been doing this.  I would like for us to determine the performance of these
oscillators on our own.  Take a look at N8UR's Time and Frequency
Measurement web site at:

    http://www.febo.com/time-freq/index.html

I want to be sure we choose a few OCXOs that are purchasable because we
cannot depend on the surplus market.  I find it unfair for hams that are
trying to reproduce our work to not be able to get their hands on stuff.

As to 10 MHz, (and as Rick mentions on another email also 5 MHz) is to be
used as a reference to lock your higher frequency oscillator.  That's what
Reflock II can do also.  See the r2_flex_01 code.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)