[hpsdr] Physical board properties

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 16:12:04 PDT 2006

Yes, it was a square peg - round hole problem.

There is no reason why we can't support three board sizes:

100x100mm
100x160mm - eurocard
100x185mm - reduced height PCI (PCI is normally 121.92x185mm)

I think some of the more complicated cards (GIBRALTAR comes to mind) will need as much real estate as possible.
Plus if we go with the option of a larger card size we might be able to cram more stuff onto a card and possibly keep our card count down. Then the pressure to have an ATLAS extender card goes down.

Alex, N3NP