[hpsdr] JANUS BoM

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Sun May 28 13:03:37 PDT 2006

Hi group,

by reviewing the JANUS BoM and doing extensive search on the internet during the last
couple of weeks I see some trouble coming up to get some of the parts in Europe.

Especially the AKM chip as well as the Maxim DS2431P seem to be unavailable here in
Europe. Maybe I could get some samples of the Maxim but it does not look well with the
AK5394. Since a couple of weeks I am trying to get in contact with the german distributor
of AKM but did never get any answer back. I got an answer back from the UK distributor but
they cannot sell to Germany (this is true common market).
It is a pain in the a... with our european distributors. They do not sell nor provide any
samples to private persons even though you are a ham.
Also the Linear LT1128 is not available anywhere over here besides Digikey.
On the other side Digikey is not selling any Altera devices over here.

It is a funny situation.

So the best would be to offer the JANUS with some of the chips pre-mounted.

Any other solutions????

73
Horst
DL6KBF