[hpsdr] [OZY] Update

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue May 30 19:00:47 PDT 2006

Hi Group,

I started to lay out the OZY PCB in its new format 100x120mm.  I don't
have any PDF to post yet, but the good news is that all components are
now moved to the top side of the board.  The extra 20% really helped
in the layout.  I should have gerbers posted in the next few days for
review.  If all is fine we will do a few alphas and then on to a
production run.

I know that some people were confused by all the posts about board
size and layout over the last few days.   One thing this change in
form factor does is allows the use of a PC enclosure for those who do
not have the inclination or equipment to fabricate their own custom
enclosure.  Another positive is that we have now defined a range of
card sizes for those who want to design a board.  I know that a few
are disappointed that we went away from the Euro card format but there
were no good cheap suggestions (and examples) where people could buy a
card cage type enclosure without the need to fabricate something - and
no-one stepped up to volunteer to fabricate a custom enclosure for the
project.

As always it is much easier to bitch about the way things are than to
actually step up to do something to help or change it (I do it myself
from time to time ;-) ).  Thank goodness for those who have stepped up
to make this HPSDR project possible!

73 de Phil N8VB