[hpsdr] The basics

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Tue May 2 14:20:28 PDT 2006

>> JANUS - An ADC/DAC board to interface to a SDR-1000 with a USB interface

It has no USB interface.  I requires Lionheart or Ozymandias for a USB
interface, or Sasquatch for non-tethered applications.

>> SASQUATCH - An I/O board for interfacing analog controls to the ATLAS backplane (knobs, lights, switches, dials, etc.)
>
> Nope, TI DSP based card to eliminate the PC (and for other things that
> Lyle can explain better).

SASQUATCH is a standalone DSP board, with FPGA, memory and some I/O.
Details will be forthcoming, but may be a few weeks.  This board is
leveraging some AMSAT work.  Development tools cost is HIGH for the
chosen DSP, but this is driven by AMSAT's needs.

73,

Lyle KK7P