[hpsdr] JANUS: Update on Alpha

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Mon May 8 18:57:14 PDT 2006

Steven:

It is my opinion that these parts are massive overkill for the dsPIC3X.
You would need to need to use (software) floating point to take
advantage of their capabilities rather than the (fast enough to be
interesting) 16 bit core and the 16 bit fixed point arithmetic.  A top
notch 16 bit part is good enough in my opinion.

Bob