[hpsdr] High Accuracy Timing for HPSDR

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 14:43:36 PDT 2006

Would it make sense to have a frequency reference board for the HPSDR?

How about an ATLAS version of the Reflock II board with an integrated GPS?
Say the Sony CXD2956AGL-1 baseband processor and the Sony CXA3355TQ downconverter - basically the guts from an OnStar (tm) GPS receiver...

CXD2956AGL-1 - http://www.sony.co.jp/~semicon/english/img/sony01/a6808473.pdf
CXA355TQ - http://www.sony.co.jp/~semicon/english/img/sony01/a6807578.pdf

add an appropriate VCXO, put some SMA connectors across the top of the card (modifying the TAPR TADD-1 design) to distribute the reference signal and  then you've got a necessary building block for use by transmitter and receiver board designs ...

Just a bit of circut design to add the new parts, the Altera MAX II coding is done for the Reflock II. Will need to add a bit of code for the GPS baseband processor control, it looks like there are enough I/O lines available on the MAX II (based on the docs on CT1DMK's website) unless you let OZY control it. Plus interface the MAX II to the OZY.

I could even be persuaded to pony the money up for a couple alpha boards.

Alex, N3NP