[hpsdr] Appropriate Altera part choices

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 06:19:35 PDT 2006

So an argument could be made that most plugin cards should use the MAX II, and the more complex plugin cards (OZY,  SASQUATCH, etc.) should consider using the Cyclone II.

Has JANUS (or MERCURY) completed the ATLAS bus interface using the MAX II? If so we should consider using it for GIBRALTAR and other cards. It will help with debugging and development if we have common design elements.

Plus PROTO (the prototyping board) could be designed reusing the same MAX II element and vhdl interface code.

Alex, N3NP