[hpsdr] [OZY] Initial OZY Schematic Posted For Review andComments- May 10, 2006

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Thu May 11 06:59:54 PDT 2006

Hi Phil,

Very nice start to the Ozy board.  A few suggestions;

1. Protect the USB input lines against static etc. I've used SMS05T1 before
and they work fine.

2. Apologioes for being a scratched record on this.... but is it OK that the
I2C pins from the FX2 pass through the FPGA and then onto the bus.  I
suggest that the I2C pins go directly to the bus and the FPGA sits on the
I2C like any other device. We can always add an I2C master/slave in the FPGA
at a later date.

3. Can you bring the I2C lines out to a header on the edge of the board for
adding external I/O

4. 8 LED's are  fine with me.

5. For (protected) user inputs  can you add an 8 bit 74LCX541 with a
connector on the board edge to take PTT, dot, dash, GPS 10k/1pps etc

6. For user outputs perhaps an open collector driver such as an UNL2003AD to
a connector on the board edge

7. A reset signal from the Ozy board that is available on the Atlas bus..

Appologies of some of these have already been covered,  I have a massive
backlog of mail to catch up with.

73's Phil...VK6APH