[hpsdr] [OZY] QFP or BGA?

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 08:40:05 PDT 2006

I'd vote YES.

I just verified with a reliable source in the packaging / circuit assembly field. It is economical to deal with BGA.
Higher density for smaller size. If you're worried about reliability, the bigger problem is the QFN.

My source got a chuckle out of the "toaster oven and solder paste" comment. So don't fear the BGA. Go for the extra I/O lines, you can never have too many I/O lines.

I can deal with populating the OZY alpha boards.

Alex, N3NP