[hpsdr] [OZY] QFP or BGA?

KD5NWA kd5nwa at cox.net
Thu May 11 11:21:42 PDT 2006

I've been digging up articles into how to hook up an external
controller to control the temperature profile of a toaster oven.

  I found one I like, the only mod to the oven is the addition of a
high temperature probe. An AC outlet is controlled by a AVR CPU to
power the oven and maintain the proper temperature profile.

SparFun Electronics has some nice AVR CPU boards that are el Cheapo
and have a breadboarding area to add the circuitry for the sensor and
the control of a Triac. I will try to build it later in July.

Soldering leaded components in the Toaster Oven is pretty easy right
now, I would tend to think that BGA packaging will require a
controlled temperature profile to insure reliability.