[hpsdr] Janus Rev B Update

vk4str vk4str at netspace.net.au
Sat May 13 04:29:00 PDT 2006

Hi Lyle,

Nice job! However, as I have discussed before with Phil_H, this design
may not be full duplex capable, ie useable to work a satellite
transponder. I understand that PWM has certain limitations, please
correct me if I am wrong.

The AK5394A is used for RX and the processed audio is output on the
speaker or headphone of the TLV320AIC23B.

The TX audio is fed to the MIC input of the TLV with the only TX output
option being PWM. The Line-out cannot be used if the speaker is in use.

Would a DAC for TX output not be a better option? I somehow dont trust
that the PWM option will be satisfactory for TX.

73, Helmut VK4STR