[hpsdr] What can we do with 2 cards

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sat May 13 05:26:52 PDT 2006

Phil et.al

Just an offhanded thought based on my previous.

If you were to add an Aux Power connector to the OZY to source the board
directly could it become a stand alone FPGA development system? AKA Xylo? If
I got the 'drift' right in the flurry of messages yesterday and before, The
program loading is going to be via the Ozy so if it is powered locally it
shouldn't need the Buss. Also the header for the 20 GPIO could be used for
'stand alone' experimenters (as well as all the other proposed connections).

In theory I it should be possible to plug an Ozy and Janus end to end
without Atlas. Dyslexia can't let me figgre it out.

Still too early and not enough coffee or sleep here. Just thinking out loud.

Eric