[hpsdr] What can we do with 2 cards

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sat May 13 08:25:21 PDT 2006

I think I can forgo external SRAM - if it turns out we need it then we're
into rethink/redesign mode.  The fact that the USRP moves about 32
mbyte/sec w/o external SRAM gives me confidence we can build the things
people want to build w/o it.   Anyone concerned on closing off the option
of external SRAM?

As to Logic Analyzer/Debug Ports -- really hate to give up on these.  Guess
I'm wondering if we can figure out a way to make it a build time decision
if you have logic analyzer/debug capability  or expanded GPIOs to the
external world.  I don't have a logic analyzer and suspect the bulk of the
users of the card won't.  However having that capability for the folks that
do have them will probably make our life a lot easier building and
developing stuff for the boards.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)