[hpsdr] What can we do with 2 cards

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 12:28:58 PDT 2006

To get a high-stability option going for the SDR-1000 you always had to have another board / device hanging around.
Another board for station control. So yes, you still have to get separate boards.

I believe that the first thing the group is trying to do is get the JANUS/OZY/ATLAS out the door so folks an experiment with their SDR-1000s.

If Flex-Radio wants to pick up the idea (like Bob said, respecting the open-source activity) and produce a "SDR-2000" then more power to them.

Frankly if everyone treats the SDR-1000 as a penultimate design, then it will soon become as cutting-edge as AX.25.
Me, I'm for heading in the direction that Bob described - better & faster (but keep it economical).

End of commentary. : )

N3NP