[hpsdr] What can we do with 2 cards

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 11:35:33 PDT 2006

I'm sorry, but I'm still back on the why not put the connectors on the JANUS

(a) DB-25 to mimic the Parallel port
(b) use some higher density connectors for all the audio. Design a fanout cable like the D-44!

Then there is space on the OZY for the fiber connection back to the host computer to support higher data rates.
Keep the USB-2 for control of the HPSDR, but use the fiber to ship the audio back and forth.
I though everyone was complaining about USB having bandwith limits. USRP is complaining about that problem.

Alex, N3NP