[hpsdr] GIBRALTAR with MERCURY or CASMIR

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sun May 14 16:43:03 PDT 2006

> I'm thinking the LO should be generated onboard (based off the 1pps signal from GIBRALTAR)

I'm hoping Gibraltar is more than just a GPS receiver with a buffer, but
will include a decent oscillator that is being disciplined by the GPS
1PPS when the GPS signal is present.

Perhaps a 10 MHz plus one or two other frequencies.
These could be distributed on any of the Janus backplane bus signal lines.

For example, Janus has an oscillator on board, but if more than one
Janus is installed on ATLAS, a user may wish to have them run from the
same clock so they are synchronous.  There is no defined line for this
purpose,  yet, but the CPLD in JANUS is connected to all potential bus
lines to allow this.

I suggest considering similar flexibility in the CASMIR module.

73,

Lyle KK7P