[hpsdr] GIBRALTAR, HP 10811 double oven OCXOs, and GPScon?

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 17:29:06 PDT 2006

GIBRALTAR is targeted at people who don't have a Z3801A hanging around (I can't say much, I have two Z3801As myself).
It is nice to have the option of putting everything into a self contained package. Then people don't have to go searching eBay for used Z3801As.

Personally I would like the ability to provide an external 10MHz reference input to ATLAS without having to install a GIBRALTAR.
(unless I scrap one of my Z3801As out and pull the HP 10811 for use with a GIBRALTAR).

Now if we could get GIBRALTAR to spit out the same information that the Z3801A does on it's RS-232 port I could reuse my copy of GPSCon.

Hey, I think we've got a use for that spare serial port on the Cypress FX2! Take the NEMA output from GIBRALTAR and send it back to the host computer. Then get GPSCon to support GIBRALTAR. (No, I don't know K8CU, I only have a copy of the software).

Alex, N3NP