[hpsdr] JANUS Updated (again)

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri May 26 07:09:56 PDT 2006

> IF the DIN41612 is mounted on the component (top) side of the board
> AND we orient the ATLAS in the ATX case so the ATX power connector is
> in the recommended place (near the power supply) THEN the board is
> like an EISA/ISA board as the mounting bracket is concerned.
>
> The other thing we need to think about is how we are going to handle
> mounting the external connectors in the brackets.  Keystone (Mouser
> carries a lot of them) has a lot of different cutouts, but using
> standard ISA bracket cutouts will dictate where those connectors are
> placed.

Since not everyone will be doing PC cases, and since this is a real can
of worms, I think I'll leave this as an exercise for the builder.  We'll
probably make small runs of JANUS, so once a suitable bracket is located
and some boards are actually fitted, we can solve this.  There are lots
of companies happy to make custom PCI brackets.  The real trick for this
will be to know the relationship of the board edges to some reference
location on such a bracket.  Maybe this is a good exercise for the Alpha
boards?

Have fun in the Great White North.  Say hello to the MacKenzie brothers
and watch out for Strange Brew, eh?

73,

Lyle KK7P