[hpsdr] JANUS Updated (again)

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 10:05:15 PDT 2006

The only problem with the drawings is the orientation of the card. PCI cards have thie main component side facing AWAY from the ATX connector. ISA cards have the main component side facing the AT power connector. (I just opened the hood on a couple of my computers to verify). So that bracket isn't going to work.

If we want to keep the component side facing the power connector (ISA) we should use a bracket format like this
http://www.bracketsource.com/ME-507-2AT-B.htm

If we want to reverse the orientation and make the component side face away from the power connector (PCI), then we need a bracket like this
http://www.bracketsource.com/ME-440-2AT-BB.htm (BACKSIDE BRACKET MOUNTING)
or this
http://www.bracketsource.com/ME-390-2AH-B.htm (FRONTSIDE BRACKET MOUNTING)

Alex, N3NP