[hpsdr] High Accuracy Timing for HPSDR

Leon Heller leon.heller at bulldoghome.com
Sat May 27 13:40:58 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyle Johnson" <kk7p at wavecable.com>
To: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier at comcast.net>
Cc: "'neil whiting'" <neil at g4brk.net>; <hpsdr at hpsdr.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] High Accuracy Timing for HPSDR

>> ...I would prefer to use a source with no excursions if
>> I were going to lock an LO to use in a 47 GHz transverter, well then I
>> might care about these excursions. The 10 K pps signal, driving a
>> Gibraltar based reflock will be better than most TCXO's in HF
>> transceivers today and by a lot.
>
> Using the Valpey OCXO and a decent GPS (Trimble or Motorola?  Of the
> SiRF-based unit if it is real/available?), it would be nice to have a
> very stable 10 MHz signal suitable for slow speed PSK at S-band.  I know
> I won't be able to copy P5A at Mars, but while it is enroute it might be
> nice to try.  The 5 BPS rate at low microwaves makes phase stability a
> serious challenge :-)

I'm using u-blox GPS modules in a design for a client. I think they are used
for military applications because of their performance.

73, Leon

---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
currently using to read this email. ]