[hpsdr] High Accuracy Timing for HPSDR

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sat May 27 13:09:01 PDT 2006

> ...I would prefer to use a source with no excursions if
> I were going to lock an LO to use in a 47 GHz transverter, well then I
> might care about these excursions. The 10 K pps signal, driving a
> Gibraltar based reflock will be better than most TCXO's in HF
> transceivers today and by a lot.

Using the Valpey OCXO and a decent GPS (Trimble or Motorola?  Of the
SiRF-based unit if it is real/available?), it would be nice to have a
very stable 10 MHz signal suitable for slow speed PSK at S-band.  I know
I won't be able to copy P5A at Mars, but while it is enroute it might be
nice to try.  The 5 BPS rate at low microwaves makes phase stability a
serious challenge :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P

Seriously, if I can be stable to a Hz at a GHz, it ought to be good
enough.  But I'll take what I can get :-)