[hpsdr] JANUS BoM

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Sun May 28 22:00:19 PDT 2006

Hi Lyle and the group,
if these boards are declared to be  Amateur Radio parts at least within the EU they can be
imported duty-free. Only the VAT has to be payed additionally. RoHS is the more
complicated part but unassembled parts kits do not fall under RoHS. So they can be imported.
In about two weeks I will be getting some LT1128s in plus EPM240T100s.
Some I could share with other EU builders.
On the other side AKM  is using ordinary NE5532 OpAmps on their evaluation board which
might do the job as well.
The DS2431P can be ordered from Maxim directly for 90 cts each if you buy 25 (leadtime 6
weeks). So we maybe could arrange something for this one within the US group.

Remains the AKM chip. Does anybody no how much they are in smaller quantities. I could not
find a price anywhere. There is a possibility to buy them from a Hongkong distributor.
They list this chip as a stock item with about 1.500 available right now.

Thanks to 'global village' there always is a possibility.

73
Horst
DL6KBF