[hpsdr] lurker off line

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed May 31 16:46:03 PDT 2006

> ...I see two more boards will
> be offered. it would be nice to see a price target to get an idea of
> what the cost will add up to...

As we find out, the information will be posted.  Horst has been doing a
great job on the documentation, and the ATLAS docs, for example, include
a breakdown of parts and their current cost, both for North America and
Europe.

We're also looking at arrangements for offering PCBs, partial kits, and
perhaps full kits and/or assembled boards.

Janus is just going to Alpha.  Once we know it works, we'll have a
complete parts list for some volunteers to price out and post.  Ozy is a
little behind Janus.

It all takes time...

> I suggested ESD terminations on LSI interfaces to the board connector.
> please trust me.

I looked at adding these to Janus.  The resistor networks would have to
go on the bottom of the PCB if SMT; it might be possible to squeeze SIP
networks onto the PCB.  After Alpha :-)

I see that it is possible to get customized DIN connectors as well, so
we could have one or more ground pins engage first as a board is
inserted into the motherboard.  This might help make such ESD
terminators more useful.

73,

Lyle KK7P