[hpsdr] QEX articles on SDR IMD andmeasurement

stoskopf at tri.net stoskopf at tri.net
Sat Nov 11 09:23:31 PST 2006

Nov/Dec QEX arrived and I've spent some time with the SM5BSZ and KF6DX
articles.  I had always assumed that the noise on our bands would provide
adequate dithering, but maybe not.  The LTC2206 provides that function I
guess in a different, additive subtractive manner.

Also the fact that we apparently need to push the input level to the
maximum limit of the digitizers seems to fly in the face of our normal
practice of limiting gain to that necessary to utilize the atmospheric
noise floor/signal levels.

How does this fit in with the microwaveSDR direct downconversion approach?
 Or it this even a question?

N0UU