[hpsdr] OT: Linux question

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 06:15:02 PST 2006

Hi all,

I am in the process of converting my main home system over to Linux.
Between Fedora 6 and  Ubuntu 6.10 I finally settled on Ubuntu (I
think...).  I often use a sound recorder program on windows that has a
VOX type mode which allows you to set a level at which it will start
recording from any input source.  I use it to record activity on the
HF bands while I am away.  Is there a program that allows you to
record from any sound input source that begins recording at a preset
level in Linux?  I have looked around and not found anything (yet).
The program I use on Windows is an older version of the i-Sound
recorder found at: <http://www.abyssmedia.com/>

Thanks,

Phil N8VB