[hpsdr] Propeller

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Tue Nov 21 10:40:11 PST 2006

Hi group,
a while back there was a short discussion about the Propeller chip from Parallax which is
a fascinating little think with its merry-go-round design. Meanwhile I have got a couple
of those chips and I have designed a little double-sided pcb based on the schematic of the
  propeller demoboard from Parallax.
The nice thing is that it plugs into Atlas and can be connected to the Atlas bus through
zero ohm jumpers.
Funny enough, right now I do not even know what to use it for on the HPSDR. It was just an
exercise and I found it nice to plug it into Atlas at least for the power supply.

Data
- programmable via USB (FT232)
- PS/2 connectors for keyboard and mouse input
- VGA output
- optional TV out
- optional audio out (stereo)
- ports P0 to P15 of propeller can be connected either to the XBUS or the YBUS

This is how the board looks:

http://www.needles.de/HPSDR/Prop2Atlas.pdf

and here is the Gerber .bin file:

http://www.needles.de/HPSDR/Prop2Atlas.BIN

Within the next few weeks I will get a couple of PCBs made in order to test if it works,
hihihi.

73
Horst
DL6KBF