[hpsdr] Propeller

KD5NWA kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 21 12:59:13 PST 2006

H. Gruchow wrote:

> Hi group,
> a while back there was a short discussion about the Propeller chip from Parallax which is
> a fascinating little think with its merry-go-round design. Meanwhile I have got a couple
> of those chips and I have designed a little double-sided pcb based on the schematic of the
>   propeller demoboard from Parallax.
> The nice thing is that it plugs into Atlas and can be connected to the Atlas bus through
> zero ohm jumpers.
> Funny enough, right now I do not even know what to use it for on the HPSDR. It was just an
> exercise and I found it nice to plug it into Atlas at least for the power supply.
>

> Data
> - programmable via USB (FT232)
> - PS/2 connectors for keyboard and mouse input
> - VGA output
> - optional TV out
> - optional audio out (stereo)
> - ports P0 to P15 of propeller can be connected either to the XBUS or the YBUS
>
> This is how the board looks:
>
> http://www.needles.de/HPSDR/Prop2Atlas.pdf
>
> and here is the Gerber .bin file:
>
> http://www.needles.de/HPSDR/Prop2Atlas.BIN
>
> Within the next few weeks I will get a couple of PCBs made in order to test if it works,
> hihihi.
>
> 73
> Horst
> DL6KBF

Do keep us informed, I'm interested in the Propeller also for my own
little project, I have a development board on it's way as we speak. I
looks like a really interesting chip. I'm looking for a board with USB,
VGA ( 4bits/color or better) and accessible I/O pins.

 From the resistor array around the VGA connector I'm guessing that you
are doing at least 4 bit/color, is this so?

What software did you use to layout the board?

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna