[hpsdr] Janus & Ozy.

Eric Blossom eb at comsec.com
Sat Nov 11 17:34:48 PST 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 07:22:34PM -0600, KD5NWA wrote:

> > The JANUS board alone is not going to cost $500!  Certain people have
> > *speculated* that the OZY-JANUS board set would be around $500.
> >
> > Phil N8VB
>
> Certain parties being me, stated that an email from someone else said it
> was going to cost $500 for the pair, I hoped that it would not.
>
> But since several people on this list have a general idea of what the
> cost is going to be, rather than casting dispersion they aught to state
> if that information I saw is way off base, I would love for it to be so.

Look, the thing is going to end up costing what it costs.

The ship builders can order bare boards, spend hours building and
programming the oven, procuring parts, etc etc.  And build it for next
to nothing (assuming that you don't value your time...)

In the mean while, just relax...  The people who are getting them
built will let us know when they know.

That there is ZERO win in pre-announcing a price.

Back to lurking...
Eric K7GNU