[hpsdr] ADMIN: Halting Cost Topic

Ken Klein kenklein at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 07:11:09 PST 2006

Thank you, Don.

Ken WR5H

-----Original Message-----
From: hpsdr-bounces at hpsdr.org [mailto:hpsdr-bounces at hpsdr.org] On Behalf Of
Don AE5K
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:00 AM
To: HPSDR discussion list
Subject: [hpsdr] ADMIN: Halting Cost Topic

This list and its predecessors is nearing its first birthday and it is
with some degree of hesitation and sadness that I feel I must exercise
my task of being not only the list administrator, but also its moderator
for the first time.

While I don't believe anyone has a problem with a difference of opinion
and debate of such, the recent speculations on the costs of boards not
yet ready for production have gotten to the point of not only being
counterproductive, but downright discouraging to the few who are putting
in long hours on the HPSDR project.

So, I am declaring that topic "off limit" until an actual price of the
boards in question (Ozy and Janus) is announced by TAPR.

If you disagree with my decision and would like to try to convince me
otherwise, you may send "civil" email to me directly (do not post to
list), or in the case of "uncivil" email I have a special address of
"bitbucket at azark.com" for that kind that won't bother anyone.

Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator/Webmaster/WikiSysop
HPSDR Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at hpsdr.org