[hpsdr] Starter question

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery at smartlogic.com
Mon Nov 13 09:52:33 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've been following along with the fantastic HPSDR developments and I have to say it's really shaping up now due to the hard efforts of all the volunteers. Unfortunately I've not been able to help due to ineptitude with hardware design and time limitations. However,  I'm now in the market for more hardware to supplement my aging SDR1000 stack. I think if I am going to spend money the HPSDR looks much more up my street and the timing looks about right too. At the moment I have a few questions.

I want to develop the software work I have been doing for the Flex system to cover other hardware, primarily Softrock and HPSDR.  I would be interested initially in just plugging the SDR1000 into Janus and using the existing control interface. I am assuming that OZY is then the route to get samples in/out of the PC. Is there any information on this interface which would allow me to start writing the software in advance of the boards being available?

I did see some discussion where a SDR1000 interface board was proposed which I guess would be planned to manage the control signals via the USB interface. Is this still on the cards because it would be the second and very desirable step prior to RX/TX boards becomng available.

Thanks
Bob
G3UKB