[hpsdr] New RF Digitizer

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Tue Nov 14 11:10:32 PST 2006

> 6.  The big questions to be answered is whether the AD6636 (or GC5016)
> is suitable for Mercury or whether we should use a larger BGA packaged
> FPGA to implement the DDC functions (and how large to get equivalent
> or better functionality to the AD6636?).

The AD6636 certainly looks like a fast path to get what appears to be
good performance, quickly.  The FPGA of course is more flexible at the
cost of higher power consumption and more opportunity to learn/tweak/etc.

AMSAT has a BGA machine on its list for '07, so we'll be able to place
these parts for prototype work in a couple months.

Lyle KK7P