[hpsdr] Janus & Ozy kits?

Chris Salinas n0ttw at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 20:13:47 PDT 2006

Thanks Lyle,

  Either way, it will be fun getting some hands-on with SDR. I'm hoping the costs are reasonable (for the parts) and that TAPR will be involved with providing the parts (if they're going to offer the boards and such) so I don't have to order from upteen million companies.

  Either way, I'm pumped to start testing this system. Glad to see the EPI concept as I'll probably use this more for transverter control. If they throw a 10 or 12 bit ADC on the EPI, it could control a rotator as well.

  Chris

Lyle Johnson <kk7p at wavecable.com> wrote:
  > Just wanted to know if the Janus and Ozy were going to be kits, partially assembled or fully assembled? I can handle soldering quad-ICs. I think it would be nice to be able to plan on what will be needed to assemble these boards (if assembly needed).

I expect assembled and tested boards as well as bare boards will be offered.

I don't expect kits or partial kits to be offered.

This is not the "official" word, just my read of things.

73,

Lyle KK7P