[hpsdr] Janus & Ozy kits?

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed Oct 4 21:05:36 PDT 2006

>   Either way, it will be fun getting some hands-on with SDR. I'm hoping the costs are reasonable (for the parts) and that TAPR will be involved with providing the parts (if they're going to offer the boards and such) so I don't have to order from upteen million companies.

I think if you buy a bare board, you are going to be on your own (or
maybe arrange group buys with others) to get the parts.  The Bill of
Materials for each board will be a good place to start, of course.

It gets really labor intensive to inventory and sell small quantities of
parts and also the support that implies.  Supplying the bare PCB is not
too hard, and since it is completely custom it is beneficial to the
community to make them available, and saves money for the individual who
wants to build his own.

We're really close to Alpha 2 on Janus and Ozy, so initial boards and
assemblies aren't too far off.  No, I won't estimate a date :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P