[hpsdr] Odyssey Siren Proto 1

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Thu Oct 12 09:35:31 PDT 2006

Hello Phil!

> I am interested in the use of the dsPIC33.  John Fisher, K5JHF was
> very enthusiastic about the dsPIC33, but I have not been following his
> progress lately.
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but does the dsPIC33 have a free compiler
> available?  I guess I should go and download some of the datasheets.

Yes, it is the Gnu compiler with a windows shell.  They normally sell it
for $895, but the unlicensed version runs for several weeks, then drops
some optimizations but still works - not size limited, etc. - they call
it the "Student Version."  And the source for the compiler is on the
Microchip website as well.

73,

Lyle KK7P