[hpsdr] FFT benchmarking

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 05:48:34 PDT 2006

That the benchmarks were performed by the FFTW team should tell what you
need to do.  A search on Google will give you other results performed by
truly objective parties that show the difference is much less.

Also, I am talking about the Ooura code that is being optimized by the JIT
in .NET.  The comparisons that you linked to are statically compiled so I
would expect FFTW's hand tuned routines to come out a little better.  The
joy of the JIT is that it produces code that rivals hand tuned stuff like in
FFTW.

Phil N8VB