[hpsdr] Linux controller?

Dave Comer dmcomer at dmcmicro.com
Sat Sep 23 08:45:10 PDT 2006

My apologies in advance if I missed a post related to what I am about
to suggest in the past (or if this is a dumb idea); I was just
thinking, has any one considered the utility of adding, say, a
dedicated Linux/Windows CE board (commercial or otherwise) to the
back plane. I am probably sticking my neck out here as I know the
primary drive behind the HPSDR is analog/FPGA/CPLA, but I was just
thinking it might be nice to have some kind of overall system
controller of video display or other high-level outside interface.
The back plane is not intended to be a digital carrier for such
activity, so the way such a controller would interface to the other
cards would be?

73 de AD5TU

"My job is quite complex; some people are real, other are imaginary"