[hpsdr] Odyssey Active QSD Rev. A Schematic

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri Sep 29 07:06:47 PDT 2006

Steven Bible wrote:

> Hi Alberto,
>
> As Ahti mentioned, yes, this design is intended to drive the TI codec
> TLV320AIC31.  The codec's analog input voltage is 3.3V.  So there's actually
> a fear that it may be overdriven.  The TI codec have fully differential
> input and output, but the power supplies are all unipolar.  So hopefully the
> ISD design is a good fit for this codec (or vice versa).

Note that the input voltage range of the OPA1632 when powered by a
single +5 supply is limited to +1.5 to +4.0 VDC, and the output range
into a 2K load is limited to +1.9 to +3.1 VDC.

I don;t think you'll overdrive things, more worrisome is the possible
need for a different supply voltage to get the range you want or need to
drive the CODEC over its fuill range.

73,

Lyle KK7P