[hpsdr] whoops

junque2 junque2 at hughes.net
Fri Apr 6 16:31:15 PDT 2007

Hi!
I'm a lurker of sorts to this group, reading each message and
learning more about SDR and what the various chips on the boards do,
how you go about designing and developing the hardward and software
for such a project as hpsdr, etc.... It has really been exciting and
fascinating for someone as ignorant about such wonders as I have been.
But I now find myself in a situation where I must retreat a little:
I had gone ahead and purchased the Janus and Ozy boards even though I
do not own the SDR1000.  I was hoping to purchase the SDR1000 and a
PC capable of handling the software with ease.  (I mainly use Macs
and my only PC is woefully inadequate for the job)  Now that the
SDR1000 is to be discontinued, it looks like I will not be able to do
what I had planned (I was still about 6-8 months away from saving up
to the purchase price).  So... I have decided to back out of the SDR
world until a later time.  Meanwhile, the Janus and Ozy boards,
already paid for, but of course, not yet delivered, will not be of
much use to me as I really need to save my money for a much longer
time before purchasing an SDR radio.  Does anyone out there wish to
purchase a set of already built boards, to be delivered as soon as
they are sent to me?  I only need my cost back out of them, and all I
can do at this time is promise to deliver them when they are
delivered to me.  I do not need to take any money in advance, -- I
only need to have a guarantee that you will purchase them when they
are delivered sometime in the latter part of May, or early part of June.
I will still lurk on this site, learning all about these wonders
(which are beyond my total comprehension, but still fascinating to
me) and maybe someday later, I will join the SDR group of pioneers --
not in the first wave of explorers, but in the second or third wave
in the future. Meanwhile, I continue to support TAPR as a member and
have the greatest admiration for all of you so involved in the
exciting design and production of this cutting edge.

W4ISH
Bill