[hpsdr] Sideband convention for SDR.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Sun Apr 8 14:53:45 PDT 2007

Hello all:

Does someone know if anyone has defined a convention for the way an I/Q
receiver should be connected to some I/Q software in order to determine
the sideband selection?  The phasing of the oscillators in the
demodulators is important, and of course the paths between the hardware I
and Q outputs through the software must be identified and maintained, and
the software needs to be right, but I don't know if anyone (or any group)
has recognised that it would be useful to define this so that anyone who
builds (or sells) an I/Q reciever or transmitter could expect it to always
give the right sideband when used with someone else's IQ software.

73, Kjell LA2NI