[hpsdr] Elektor electronics magazine

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Thu Apr 19 20:13:49 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

in their May issue the european electronics magazine ELEKTOR will be featuring two
articles which are very interesting for this group:

citation

Software-defined Radio with USB
The concept of software-defined radio (SDR) enables excellent reception of radio stations
with a minimum of electronic circuitry to build. This is due to all signal processing
being done in software. Our project like no other demonstrates the sheer scope and power
of SDR: tuning range 150 kHz through 30 MHz; for AM, DRM, SSB and CW. The receiver (or
what’s left of it) is powered as well as tuned ‘over USB’ (i.e., by the PC). Its output
signal is applied to the soundcard for software-driven demodulation. The software offers
continuously variable bandwidth and an accurate S meter.

Universal JTAG Programmer
Programmable logic of the CPLD, EPLD, uPSD or MSPS variety is extremely powerful but
unfortunately not exchangeable in terms of the programmer you need. The good news is that
a cross-platform programmer connection exists called JTAG (joint test action group) that
allows all these ICs to be ‘burned’ in-circuit. Our JTAG programmer can be built in
various configurations to make it compatible with CPLD and EPLD (Altera, Xilinx), PSD,
uPSD / DSM (STMicroelectronics) and MSP430 (Texas Instruments).

end citation

http://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=46

73
Horst