[hpsdr] Mercury: LTC2209

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:07:25 PDT 2007

Hi Phil & Phil, All,

Sorry to bug you again Phil....

Reading the webpage, you mention the LTC2209 (=LTC2208 170 MSPS ).
Searching the Linear website, I couldn't find any reference to it, only one
reference in a PDF of an evaluation board.
Do you know if they still (or not yet) sell it or if they dropped it?

If it would be still available, it would be a direct "drop in" replacement
(pin compatible) for the LCT2208?

Another question would be: Why did you switch from 2 ADC's (as mentioned in
the Mercury calculation text) to one?

Would have been nice to have a 170 MHz (2 X LCT2209) Mercury up to /
including  2 meter !!!???  ;-)
Or would this be impossible due to lack of processing power in the FPGA?

Hope I didn't miss this in the archives.....

73's,

Henry.