[hpsdr] TAPR Office Update from John, W9DDD

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Apr 24 00:54:31 PDT 2007

Just an update from the TAPR office on Janus Ozy shipping.

First, the TAPR office is going to be closed from the 20th to the 30th of
April.  So I won't be able to respond to questions directed to this list,
the office email or my personal email address.

A lot of preparation has gone on toward being ready to ship HPSDR
orders.  Boxes ready, invoices printed, shipping labels, customs forms
pre-filled , etc.  Still it is going to be a 3 ring circus when things
really start
rolling.  Imagine doing 400 shipments from your dining room table!

It's impossible to predict accurately when an individual order will ship.
International orders will ship first since it takes longer to get there,
more paperwork etc.  Once I get those out the door, I'll at least feel
like I'm on the downhill slope.  Domestic orders are more cookie cutter
and should go faster.  I expect it will take at least 2 weeks to work
through the stack once we start.

A certain number of domestic orders have received a partial shipment
already. (until I ran out of Atlas parts kits and had to stop and build
another 100).  I know a lot of you would have liked to have received your
'accessories' ahead of the Janus and Ozy, but I just couldn't manage it
for all of you.

For those of you who ordered after March 31st, your order has not been
processed at all yet.  Not to worry, we have enough to fill those 'late
comers', but it might get into June before your order is processed and
shipped.  This is just a big job, there's no getting around that.  So
please be patient.

John, W9DDD