[hpsdr] Epi idea

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Mon Apr 2 06:57:23 PDT 2007

> There may be a simpler way to do this...

I've used my SDR-14 in a similar way.  The latest QEX has an article on
a VNA useful to about 1 GHz using the alias responses of a DDS otherwise
limited to under 100 MHz.

When I was at the Microsoft ham club event a few weeks ago talking about
HPSDR, they mentioned one of the catch phrases they have for product
development is "embrace and extend."  [They were suggesting and
demonstrating that Amateur radio needs to do this with the Internet, not
look at it as the death of  Ham radio.]

Matjaz, S53MV, uses standard FR4 fiberglass boards well into the
microwaves, and utilizes the attenuation of the material in his designs.

Thank you for the reminder on this, Phil!

73,

Lyle KK7P