[hpsdr] Power Ping RFQ

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 21 06:27:52 PDT 2007

Hi Eric and all,

Eric Ellison wrote:
> Just got off Teamspeak tonight.

I keep meaning to participate, but just keep getting sidetracked with
other activities.  Wish I could say that they were ham radio related,
but alas, they are not.

> Scotty and Dan are testing OZY and Janus and
> are using PicoPSU's and not having any problems with Janus/Ozy with the PSU
> in testing mode! Nothing was said about negative supplies.

That's great!  I know there is a picture on HPSDR.org where there is a
picoPSU installed onto an Atlas.

Somewhere, I've got a message from, I think, Lyle (KK7P) where he noted
that one of the upcoming boards will need the negative supply.  I will
dig around some.

 > 60 Watt PSU is
> more then enough for janus/ozy. Yep, I would say most neg supplies are a
> little lean.

Agreed.

> Will post the Teamspeak Audio sometime tomorrow morning. Much discussion
> regarding test program for Janus. Verilog guys please listen in!

Is there a way we could do a podcast feed for these?  That would be hot.

--
Thanks and 73,
Ben, KD5BYB