[hpsdr] A/D

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sat Apr 21 16:22:15 PDT 2007

Hello Jason!

> Is there any plan for undersampling the incoming signal?  You can recover
> the information on a carrier by satisfying Nyquist over the bandwidth of
> the modulated signal.  You cannot recreate the carrier in this manner,
> but the contents of the carrier can be demodulated.

As long as the information is band-limited, you can certainly
undersample the RF and downconvert in the A/D.  You should be able to
bypass the filters in Mercury, allowing you to do this sort of thing
using external filters.

I have done this with my SDR-14 to listen to 2 meters, for example.

73,

Lyle KK7P