[hpsdr] A/D

Jason A. Beens jbeens at sensetechnologies.com
Sat Apr 21 09:22:45 PDT 2007

Is there any plan for undersampling the incoming signal?  You can revoke
the information on a carrier by satisfying Nyquist over the bandwidth of
the modulated signal.  You cannot recreate the carrier in this manner,
but the contents of the carrier can be demodulated. This is why these
high end ADCs have analog front ends that extend into the multi-hundreds
of Megahertz in bandwidth.  This allows you to effect a down conversion
stage at the ADC if you plan the sampling properly.

I don't know that this type of sampling has been planned for or not with
the Mercury.

Jason Beens
KB0CDN