[hpsdr] WARNING WARNING WARNING Platform SDK uprade on Windows XP SP2

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:08:51 PDT 2007

In the last two days,  I have been pushing out some code with bug fixes
to PowerSDR.  In several cases,  people would report new bugs,  Eric W
and I would look, and we could find not one thing wrong.  Eric would
rebuild and the code would work as expected.

We did several tests after wasting half a day looking for a "bug I
introduced" into the Equalizer and meter and could not find a single
thing done that related.  Eric compiles, and it works.

Then I remembered.  A few nights ago I downloaded and installed the new
Platform SDK from MS.  That was the bug I introduced.  It has replaced
all of the interop libraries used by MS VS 2003.  I was not smart enough
to do it on one computer.  I did it on every computer where I run MSVS
2003.  They all generate broken, nearly working code.  This cost us an
entire day on getting 1.10 out the door.

My apologies for my dumb mistake.  If you work on Microslop with their
broken tools, do not introduce their new bugs if you can help it.  If
anyone knows how to back this crap out completely, let me know PRIVATELY
(wait, besides dumping MS for Linux).

Bob
N4HY