[hpsdr] Verilog vs VHDL

k5nwa k5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 29 12:10:15 PDT 2007

Which is more user friendly? I'm trying to decide between Verilog and
VHDL for a FPGA project and wanted some opinions on the subject
before I go out and spend some money on books. The project will
involve mostly processing of I/Q audio streams and some video display
control, so a big issue will be math processing.

I'm leaning heavily towards Verilog since it seems less wordy than
VHDL, and there are some in this group that are familiar with it.

Any thoughts?

Cecil
KD5NWA
www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com